Friday, December 23, 2011

Project 15: Air Plant in a Light Bulb

This project wasn't exactly what I was planning. I wanted to make a light bulb terrarium and the light bulb was just too fragile.  When I was working with the light bulb the top of it broke off.  I didn't know what I would do - then I remembered that I had a mini propane torch.   With all my manly might, I sparked the flame and melted the jagged edges of the bulb.

Once the bulb cooled off I noticed that I had an air plant that could fit into the opening.  I put a bit of hot glue on the bottom of the plant and slid it into the bulb and adhering it to the center of the inside.  I added some decorative rocks to hide the gluing. :0)

Air plants that little care - just a submersion in water once a week.  The only problem I foresee is the need to make sure no excess water is inside the bulb. You can follow the instructions for this project here: Etsy Tutorials.

Supplies used:
Light bulb
Needle nose pliers
Small stones
Protective eye wear
Air plant
Propane torch (if necessary) hahaha

No comments: