Sunday, December 4, 2011

Project 5: 45 RPM Wall Clock

This is a throwback!  I went to Eastern Market in Washington, D.C. Last winter (yes, it's been nearly a year) and bought a bunch of cool records.  Once of which was Madonna's Lucky Star.  I believe I only paid $1 for the record.  I also got the following 45s Barbra Streisand (The Way We Were), The Jackson 5 (Sugar Daddy), Billy Paul (Me and Mrs. Jones), and Mike Post (Theme from Rockford Files). I also scored John Denver's Greatest Hits LP and a Tom Jones LP - both in their original cardboard sleeve!

With all this goodness I wasn't exactly sure how I'd use them.  I just knew I would figure something out.  Then it dawned on me. I would make clocks out of them.  Every time I went to look at clock parts they were always more expensive than what I wanted to spend.  On Thursday, I found the bargain I needed! A clock making kit meant for kids. It was on clearance for $5.99. I can stand behind that! With my supplies in hand, I chose to go with the Madonna 45 because that's one of my favorite songs in the bunch AND it's Madonna!

Supplies Used:
45 RPM Record
Clock Parts
Hot Glue Gun
Spray Paint

The clock kit came complete with a wooden base that just do happened to work nicely with the 45 record. The dilemma was that I didn't want to look at the wood base - so I used white spray paint to cover the wood.  Once it was dry, I began to put it together.  I used the hot glue gun to secure the record to the wood base.







No comments: