Things I learned:
- When etching on glass, you need a material that will adhere VERY WELL to the glass.
- You should clean the glass with glass cleaner AND wear rubber gloves so that you do not get any smudges, smears, finger prints, etc on the glass. You should do all of this before you begin taping.
- Speaking of taping, I would probably not use masking tape. I'd stick with contact paper. The etching cream seeped under the tape and the lines aren't clean.
- When the directions say to put on the etching cream in a thick layer - DO IT!
- Don't try to cut the lid to attach the lighting with the improper tool!
Armor Etch etching cream