Sunday, December 18, 2011

Project 8: Holiday Cards

Finding time to make these projects has been challenging to say the least.  It's like having a part-time job!  Today I made several projects and it took a LOT of time. HA!  I started with a simple project.  Making holiday cards using paint chip cards. 

This was relatively simple to do and results in some modern looking cards.  The only thing I would have added is the use of a rubber stamp.  This would have really put the emphasis on the holidays with a stamp that said "Happy Holidays" (duh!).  The other option is to hand write it - which can yield unfavorable results.

Supplies Used:
Paint chip cards
Mod Podge or some other glue
Paint brush
Blank greeting cards

Things I would do differently are:
  • Choose more interesting paint chip cards.
  • Made a stencil for cutting the shapes to different sizes. It would have saved time in the long run.
  • I would have made sure the "trees" were glued down securely.
  • Use a rubber stamp with a holiday statement - I would stamp the cards prior to gluing anything down. This is for the possibility of messing up with the stamping.  I am notorious for goofing something up and having to start over.













No comments: